We are pleased to announce the first “Metabolic Imaging Workshop” to be hosted by the Colorado Nutrition and Obesity Research Center (NORC) and the Colorado Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CCTSI). This workshop will provide a broad overview on state-of-the-art metabolic imaging modalities and protocols including PET/CT, PET/MRI, MRI/MRS, QCT, DXA, and ultrasound. This 1.5-day workshop will be held July 11-12, 2022. The target audience is undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral students in biomedical sciences (medicine, bioengineering, physiology, nutrition, biology, etc.) and non-imaging scientists who are interested in implementing imaging technologies into their biomedical research.
The workshop will be limited to the first 100 registrants.
The workshop will be held in the West Conference Center located on the 2nd floor of the new Anschutz Health Sciences Building (AHSB), located on the Anschutz Medical Center Campus in Aurora, CO. Please see the campus map attached to this email. The AHSB is located near the center of campus (circled in red on the map).
Enter the building from the South Entrance, and then proceed up the staircases on either side of the Atrium. The Conference Center is located behind the foyer on the 2nd floor.
Registrations are to be submitted on this website:
- Students (undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral trainees) $50
- NORC and CCTSI Faculty Members $100
- Non-NORC or CCTSI Faculty Members $250
Trainees and junior investigators are encouraged to submit abstracts for the conference. There will be poster viewing sessions during the meeting, and an award will be given for the “Best Poster”. There is no fee for abstract submissions. Abstracts should be sent to Edward Melanson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Attendees must adhere to the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus COVID Policies (https://www.cuanschutz.edu/coronavirus/return-to-campus)
- For internal campus faculty or staff, there will be no requirement to for proof of vaccination status as these individuals have gone through the vaccine verification process on campus
- For visitors to campus, proof of vaccination status will be required. Proof of vaccination status should be sent to Kristy Truesdale (Kristy.email@example.com)
- Masks are not required at this time, but are encouraged, even for vaccinated individuals
- We will notify attendees if these policies change
Those traveling to the workshop from another location should plan their own hotel accommodations. The following hotels are located across the street from the Anschutz Medical Campus and are a short walk from the Anschutz Health Sciences Building.
Springhill Suites by Marriot
13400 E Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO, 80011
Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver
13200 East 14th Place, Aurora, CO 80011
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
The Anschutz Medical Campus is located west of I-225, between Colfax Avenue and Montview Boulevard.
- From Downtown Denver: East on Colfax to Quentin St., turn left on Quentin St., then right on E 19th Ave to the Vail Parking Lot entrance on the left, across the street from the Anschutz Health Science Building.
- From I-225: West on Colfax to Quentin St., turn right on Quentin St. to E 19th Ave, then right on E 19th Ave to the Vail Parking Lot entrance on the left, across the street from the Anschutz Health Science Building.
- From I-70: South on Peoria to E Montview Boulevard, turn left on E Montview Boulevard, then take the first right on Quentin St., followed by the first left on E 19th Ave to the Vail Parking Lot entrance on the left, across the street from Anschutz Health Science Building.
There are several options for paid parking near the AHSB (Circled in orange on the attached map)
- Monte Vista Parking lot (Recommended). Located on the south side of the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center.
- Henderson Parking Garage. Located on Montview Avenue