Thank you for your interest in applying to the Obesity Medicine Fellowship Training Program at the University of Colorado Anschutz Campus. Please view a message from our Program Director, Dr. Dan Bessesen, here.
- Completed residency in ACGME accredited program, preferably Internal Medicine or Family Medicine although others will be considered
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in completed specialty
- US citizenship or permanent residency/green card holder preferred
Applications for 2022/23 are now being accepted. Please submit the following documents:
- Obesity Medicine Fellowship Standard Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recent photo (optional)
- Personal Statement including description of career plans
- Transcripts of National Board Exams
- Three letters of recommendation (from the director of your residency program, a recent supervisor other than your residency program director, and one additional letter from a clinical supervisor who can attest to your abilities). It is preferred that the letters come from the writer directly.
Application Dates for 2022/23:
- Open for applications: July 1, 2021
- Interviews begin: September, 2021 (Candidates may choose to interview in-person or via Zoom. There is no preference given to candidates that interview in either format)
- Last date applications will be accepted: We typically close the application window when our interviews are complete in November. Please email us if you have questions.
- Fellowship offer released in December 2021 / January 2022
Send Application to: