Please contact email@example.com to be added to the Zoom meeting invitations.
Discussion of novel methods and technology (FACS, flow, Incucyte, IF and IHC) for characterizing white adipose tissue (precursors, mature adipocytes, immune cells).
• Organizer: Andrew Libby
• Meetings: 4th Thursday of the month from 3-4pm starting September
• Attendees: 6+ local scientists, but growing
Contact: Andrew Libby – firstname.lastname@example.org
Discussion of articles and concepts related to brown fat.
• Organizer: Ed Melanson
• Meetings: 2nd Monday of the month, 10 am during the academic year (September – May)
• Attendees: 15+, including NIH and international consortium of participants
Contact: Ed Melanson – email@example.com
Physical Activity Methods
This journal club is focused on discussing recent advancements in the methodologies used to process and interpret accelerometer data. Every month, one individual will lead a discussion on a recently published paper, a manuscript they are currently working on, or data they have recently collected. Content is distributed through a private google group. If you are interested in participating and joining the discussion (in person or virtually over Zoom).
• Organizer: Ana Pinto
• Meetings: the 2nd Monday of the month at 10 am during the academic year (September – May)
Contact: Ana Pinto – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join us for a monthly NORC-journal club, “Molecular Metabolism”. This journal club combines the interests of previous “mitochondria and metabolism” and “neuroendocrine” journal clubs, and aims to discuss cutting-edge research that advances our understanding of fundamental metabolic processes. We hope that bringing a diverse group of basic and clinical metabolic scientists together will facilitate new insights into the molecular mechanisms that underlie metabolic health and disease
• Organizer: Amy Keller & Kimberly Bruce
• Meetings: Fourth Thursday of every month at 4 pm
Contact: KIMBERLY.BRUCE@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU or AMY.KELLER@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU
Contact email@example.com to join our journal club mailing list.