Discussion of novel methods and technology (FACS, flow, Incucyte, IF and IHC) for characterizing white adipose tissue (precursors, mature adipocytes, immune cells).
• Organizer: Kathleen Gavin
• Meetings: monthly, held at 4 pm at the Hyatt on a pre-arranged day
• Attendees: 6+ local scientists, but growing
Contact: Michael Rudolph – email@example.com
Discussion of articles and concepts related to brown fat.
• Organizer: Ed Melanson
• Meetings: 3rd Monday of the month, 10 am in RC1 North, 11045 during the academic year (September – May)
• Attendees: 15+, including NIH and international consortium of participants
Contact: Ed Melanson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chronomania Journal Club
Scientists obsessed with time discuss topics such as the optimal timing of energy intake and exercise for metabolic health, intermittent fasting, and circadian rhythms in metabolism.
• Meetings: the second Monday of each month in RC1 North, 11045 during the academic year (September – May)
Sleepyheads Journal Club
Part journal club, part working group that discusses topics related to the physiology of human sleep and technical aspects of measuring human sleep in clinical studies.
• Meetings: the third Wednesday of each month in RC1 North, Room 1104.
Contact: Christine.Swanson@ucdenver.edu or Corey.Rynders@ucdenver.edu
A local group of scientists who discuss articles and concepts on sex steroids and women’s health.
• Organizer: Ed Melanson, but looking for a permanent leader
• Meetings: Quarterly, 5 pm at the Hyatt, on a prearranged day
• Attendees: 10+ local scientists
Contact: Kerrie Moreau – email@example.com
Contact: Stephanie Wesolowsksi – firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Activity Methods
This journal club is focused on discussing recent advancements in the methodologies used to process and interpret accelerometer data. Every month, one individual will lead a discussion on a recently published paper, a manuscript they are currently working on, or data they have recently collected. Content is distributed through a private google group. If you are interested in participating and joining the discussion (in person or virtually over Zoom).
• Organizer: Jen Blankenship
• Meetings: The first Monday of the month at 10 am in RC1 North, 11045 during the academic year (September – May)
Contact: Jen Blankenship – email@example.com